Alex Mercer Operations Manager
areas of expertise
- Industrial Hygiene
- Hazardous Materials
- Safety System Development and Implementation
education & designations
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH)
- Western Canadian Director & Treasurer for the Canadian Registered Board of Occupational Hygienist (CRBOH)
- MSc. in Medical Microbiology and Immunology form the University of Alberta
- BSc. (Hons) in Cellular and Molecular Biology from Memorial University
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety from Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
Alex is responsible for coordinating and managing operations, including client relations, proposal and document development, project management, staff scheduling and support, as well as technical review and report writing. Alex has a BSc. (Hons) in Cellular and Molecular Biology from Memorial University, a MSc. in Medical Microbiology and Immunology from the University of Alberta, and a diploma in Occupational Health and Safety from NAIT. Alex began her career as a molecular microbiologist, transitioning into the field of safety and industrial hygiene in 2014. Alex is both a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) and Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH). Alex is the acting Western Canadian Director and Treasurer for the Canadian Registered Board of Occupational Hygienist (CRBOH). Alex is also a Full Member, in good standing, with both the local and national Canadian Society of Safety Engineers (CSSE), American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA), and ACGIH (American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists).
JADA Solutions (HSE) Inc. is dedicated to creating and implementing solutions that work for the client and integrate into the operational paradigm.
When Alex is not working, she can be found spending time at home with her family, which includes her husband, 2 young boys, 5 cats, and Great Dane/Lab mix Kobe. Alex loves to read (especially historical fiction and fantasy), visit the dog park, ride horses, and drink beer. Alex is also a community activist, having previously sat on the Executive Board for a local non-profit organization called EDSNA (Eating Disorder Support Network of Alberta).
If you’d like a free consultation, please start by completing the form: