Finding a Qualified Consultant
For many small business owners, dealing with workplace incidences relating to health and safety, occupational hygiene or environmental concerns is not an everyday occurrence. Think about when your business has required third-party consultant expertise in the past. How have you gone about choosing which one was the best fit for your business at the time?
What Makes a Consultant 'Right' for You?
Choosing the right consultant to work with your business is more important than you might think. That being said, with the right team on your side, you can be assured that your company’s needs are met from the beginning to the end of a project. Often times, time and money tend to become the two shining stars when deciding which consultant or company to hire, although there is a lot more to it than that.
Questions to ask in Your Consultant Search
A few very important considerations to think about and ask yourself when choosing a consultant are:
- How many years of expertise and experience does this company have?
- How many projects similar to the one I need assistance with have they completed successfully?
- Do they have a credible reputation and a positive relationship with past clients?
- Will this company include all pricing and information upfront and be transparent about the scope of work?
- Will they work around your schedule and allow for a payment plan if needed?
Ensuring that a consultant will work with you, is dedicated to the cause, and interested in practicing due diligence and stewardship are all valuable aspects to consider.
Set Yourself Up for Success
It may be beneficial to think about choosing a consultant the way you would choose your dentist, chiropractor or any other professional. Evaluate the education, experience, and credentials including designations and membership to regulated associations. Consider where they are based out of and gauge the ability to build and maintain that professional relationship.
You wouldn’t hire a dentist to fix a broken bone, or a mechanic to design your new kitchen floorplan. Likewise, there shouldn’t be uncertainty in trusting your consultant to mitigate issues relating to environmental, occupational hygiene, health and safety, and hazardous materials management.
Yes, We Can Help You!
We assist and provide guidance to mitigate and minimize issues in the lines of work we service and can provide:
- Consideration of your businesses’ needs and wants throughout the entire project
- Competitive pricing
- Flexibility in designing the logistics of the project to fit your company’s needs
- Experienced and qualified staff in environmental, occupational hygiene, hazmat, and health and safety fields with educational and work experience qualifications
- Certified staff that includes;
- Certified Industrial Hygienists
- Professional Agrologists
- Agrologists in Training
- Registered Occupational Hygienists
- Certified Health and Safety Consultants
- Canadian Registered Safety Professionals
- Passion for the lines of work we specialize in
This post is not intended to convince you to hire us as your consultant. However, we hope to give you the knowledge and tools to make the BEST choice for YOUR business and its needs.
Would you like to speak with a representative from JADA Solutions (HSE) Inc. today to determine how our consulting expertise can be of service to your business? Please contact us at (780) 640-8837 or via our contact form below.